If the woman is overweight or obese in anyway it could be one reason why conception has not taken place.
The reason is…
Obesity can affect fertility by causing hormonal imbalances and problems with ovulation, particularly for obese women who are yet to have their first baby.
Obesity is associated with a syndrome called Poly-Cystic Ovary syndrome, this disease is a common cause of infertility.
So what we are saying in summary is that being overweight significantly affects a woman’s chances of conception and having a healthy baby.
And if an obese woman eventually conceives, below are some of the health risks to both mother and child.
- Increased chance of miscarriage
- Development of High Blood pressure
- Blood clotting
- High chances of Caesarean birth or worse yet, stillbirth
More Facts About the Effects of Obesity on Fertility
- Overweight or obese women have less chance of getting pregnant
- Overweight women have twice the risk of developing gestational diabetes, and obese women, eight times the risk compared to women of healthy weight.
- A woman who is obese is more than twice as likely to have a miscarriage as a woman of healthy weight. There is twice the risk that her baby will not survive.
- Pre-Eclampsia [A serious pregnancy illness characterized by High blood pressure, and protein in the urine] doubles in overweight women, and triples in obese women
How To Know If You’re Overweight or Obese
If you’re trying to conceive, the first thing you need to know is whether you’re obese or overweight. One common measure of “overweight” or “obesity” is to use the BMI [Body Mass Index] calculation.
To calculate your BMI, simply divide your weight in Kilograms by the square of your height in metres.
Here’s the formula BMI = Weight [in kg]/height [in m2]
You can even use the BMI Calculator online to do it. To calculate your BMI, simply Click Here To Use The Online BMI Calculator
Here Are the Respective Measurements for BMI
- Healthy = 18.5 to 24.9
- Overweight = 25 to 29.9
- Obese = 30 and above
If your BMI is over 30, that means you’re Obese, and there is a chance that you might have problem with conception and all the risk associated with obesity may as well apply to you, unless you do something about it.
On the other hand being underweight can also affect a woman’s ability to conceive a child. In most cases however, there are more overweight women than there are of underweight women.
How Can I Lose Weight?
There’s a general rule to natural weight loss. If you want to lose weight, just develop a healthy eating plan along with a good routine of regular exercises to help you come down to normal weight.
Here are some options that will help you arrive at your goals quickly.
1. Use natural meal planning as detailed in 100% Nigerian Cookbook. Click here to start planning your meal today
2. Use natural 9-day Detox herbal therapy to lose 5 – 7kg in potential weight. Click here to order Clean-9 Therapy!
And if you want to lose up to 15kg in one month, then request for the FIT-1 Herbal supplement instead. [Email me for details for ordering]
If you are already having problems with conception, and you’re overweight or not, you can get our natural Fertility Booster supplements.
It’s a known fact that a woman’s weight determines her fertility. And having this knowledge will help you to work towards burning those excess fat and possibly doing something about your fertility so that you will be able to achieve your dream of conceiving a healthy baby soon.
Obesity in Men can also cause infertility in marriage, but that will be an article for another day.
If you enjoyed this piece, use the share button below to pass it on to friends and loved ones.